Thursday, June 16, 2011

One CASE Two Colours

Hi again.  Today I wanted to share with you two cards I made which were CASEd off the display boards at Convention.  I find when mojo is running low CASEing is a good way to get back on track.  CASE of course stands for Copy And Share Everything, of course making sure to give the original artist the credit for the idea.  Now because these were on the display board I can't say who the original designer was I am assuming someone from Head Office.


This is the one that was a reasonably close CASE, although I changed the dimensions of the card from the original but kept the layout and colours.  I used the Creative Elements set again, and the sentiment comes from another new set called "It's Your Day", a simple set with two sentiments.  The flower I have stamped Melon Mambo onto Blushing Bride and cut out in layers and adhered with a glue dot, then a pearl in the centre to finish it off.  If you look closely you will see some of the flourish stamp have been coloured in subtly - for this I used the Stampin' Pastels to carefully add just a touch of colour.  The flourish is yet another stamp in the Creative Elements set.

This is my second take on the card.  This time I started by using the Stampin' Pastels just for some fun and then decided to pair that up with more earthy tones, Choc Chip, More Mustard and Soft Suede.  I really like how the flower turned out on this one, and the layering gives nice dimension to the card.  To cut a neat "V" in the sentiment attachment I used the square corner of my Tag Punch, it is a great way to get a neat end to these.   The More Mustard is punched with the Scallop Border Punch and using the Paper Piercer to add the holes in each scallop.

 
Happy Stamping

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, I love this set and you make it look even better by adding your own twist to your case! Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.