Saturday, November 19, 2011

Back to Mashing Things Up!

I went to look at which Friday Mash Up we were up to and was shocked to see it is challenge number 33 this week, wow how time flies!  Anyway, onto the challenge "Everything's Coming Up Rosettes!" ...

 This week we had to use the sketch, or use a rosette, or mash it up and use the sketch with a rosette.

As I often do I chose to mash it up and do both.  My rosette is made from the Cherry Cobbler Striped Grossgrain Ribbon, it lost some of it's ruffles when I adhered it to the card!  I used the Flower Fest stamp embossed in gold and cut them out using the 5-Petal Flower.  The DSP is from the Letters to Santa, blue isn't a traditional Christmas colour but I am really liking it, especially with the Early Espresso. 

I enjoyed playing along with the challenge again, pop over to the Friday Mash Up to check out what the Design Team and other entrants have come up with this week.

Happy Stamping

8 comments:

  1. Great choice for a rosette! I love ribbon rosettes. Thanks for playing at the Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Monique, I love your take on this week's challenge! The ribbon rosette is fabulous and the pop of blue sets the card off beautifully! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just a genius idea to use the ribbon for the rosette! I must get that thick ribbon! Great job on the sketch, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mon, Great idea to use the wide ribbon as your rosette. It looks teriffic!

    Great to see you putting your creative flair into our challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in OZ

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that is thinking outside of the box!! What a great idea to make your rosette out of ribbon, I need to try that. I haven't gotten any of the thick ribbon yet now it's on my list. Thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the ribbon rosette! I might have to try that as the paper ones are not my friend! THanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a rosette out of ribbon! The paper rosettes scare me, and I have to say, I dont know if the ribbon ones would be any easier for me but you did a great job with it!

    Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup1

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great use of that striped ribbon! Wish I had thought of that! Great to see you at the Friday Mashup again!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.