Thursday, November 10, 2011

Inspired by Love

Time for another inspirational photo over at Paper Lovin' Gals!  I just love the white picket fence, and the red hearts against the white of the flags, and of course the word 'love'.  

 What inspires you? Is it the texture, colours, theme, or the layout?  Let your creativity flow and come join us this week.  The thing I like most about inspirational photos is that there is no wrong interpretation!

As I said, it was the picket fence that inspired me and I just knew I wanted to make a fence made from the Tiny Tags Punch, to make the pailings I took a piece of Whisper White card stock and dragged my Choc Chip ink pad over it creating the lines which I think look a bit like wood grain.  Then I cut it into strips 9mm wide, then put one end of the strip into the punch from underneath, so just the end was inside the top of the tag and punched it out, then cut to length.  I guess I could have just made the join lie under the cross beam but that would take too much lining up!  Instead of the hearts I was inspired to use the butterfly and sentiment from the Butterfly Prints stamp set, highlighting the Love with a Real Red marker.   

I hope this has inspired you to come and join in this week, or if you need more inspiration pop on over and check out what the other Design Team have made.  

Stamp: Butterfly Prints
Colours: Lucky Limeade, Real Red, Whisper White, Choc Chip.
Other:  Punch - Jewelry Tag, Punch - Decorative Label, Punch - Butterfly, In-Colour Paper Stack, Pearls

Happy Stamping

5 comments:

  1. Hi Mon, Great thinking outside the box on that one, I'll have to remember that, I usually try to use my punches in non conventional ways and you've just added a new one to my list.

    Love your butterflies.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Monique, this really is quite lovely!! Love your fence, very clever to use the tiny tags punch!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique... youre fence is perfect! Especially after I read that you used the tiny tags punch. I don't have that one and you inpsire me to get. :-) Love your addition of butterflies instead of hearts! Such a perfect card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY pretty take on the picture! I love the butterflies!! Very cool technique with the punch! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FAB idea!!! I will have to try my hand at doing one of your fences! Thanks for sharing with us!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.