Thursday, November 17, 2011

Paper Lovin' Bookmark!

I was a bit fascinated by this square wreath in the inspirational picture at Paper Lovin' Gals, and just knew it was what I wanted to feature on my card.  What inspires you in this picture?  The colours, shapes, theme, layout, or something else?  What ever it is come and join in this week's challenge.  If nothing immediately pops out at you visit Paper Lovin' Gals and see what the other Design Team members have been inspired to create.

Now, as you can see I didn't make a card at all.  I got a bit stuck with how to incorporate this into a card, I had a few false starts and nothing was coming together for me at all.  It happens like that sometimes, so I put it aside and did some other things and then when I came back I threw out the idea of a card and decided to do a book mark instead.  Part of the inspiration for this came from one of the presentations at our recent Stampin' Up! Regional Training, one on the long list of things I have been wanting to try.

I stamped the background using More Mustard, which I then coloured in patches with my Stampin' Pastels in More Mustard and Old Olive.  I just love my pastels for this kind of thing.  I then stamped on the cute little birds from the same stamp set, Clearly For You.  I finished it off by attaching a large Bevelled Window Pane to the image using Adhesive Sheet and added Old Olive Satin Ribbon doubled over, tied with some twine and covered with an Antique Brad.

I was really pleased with the result.  I look forward to seeing what everyone comes up with for this week's challenge.

Happy Stamping

5 comments:

  1. WOW Monique, this is simply beautiful. I had to enlarge the picture to see all the gorgeous detail on the background though.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Monique, this is utterly gorgeous!!! What a fabulous idea to create a bookmark!! I love it!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a wonderful idea!! I love that we all think of different things to create!! Your bookmark is a beauty! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your project! I'd find it hard to read as I would be looking at my bookmark

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea to make a bookmark based off the photo.. It came out great.. Those birds are so soft and pretty. I really like how you did the ribbon and then had a brad at the end.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.