Thursday, November 24, 2011

Time to Give Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American visitors.  We don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Australia, but I think it is nice to have a day where you take time out to focus on things that you are thankful for.  Before I get onto this weeks challenge I thought I would share a few of the things I am thankful for at the moment ... I am so very thankful for my family, my wonderful husband of 20years and beautiful daughter; I am thankful that I am in a job and field that I love and makes a difference in people's lives; and I am thankful that I have stability and a degree of security in my life that fewer people have these days.

Now onto this week's inspirational picture, you can use this picture in any way to inspire your creation. You can use the colours, theme, layout, or just part of the picture like the clouds or the rays.  I look forward to seeing your entry so pop over to Paper Lovin' Gals and see what the other Design Team members have come up with and add your entry.


I chose to use the layout and colours, and kept "Thanks" as the sentiment.  I sponged over punched out scallop circles with So Saffron and More Mustard to make the clouds. I also used More Mustard on a sponge to lightly colour the Velvet Designer Ribbon from the upcoming Summer Mini Catalogue that goes live here in Australia on 1st December. I was happily surprised at how well it took the colour. The sentiment, from Short and Sweet is on a piece that has been doubly cut with the Decorative Label Punch. 

I stamped the sentiment and then punched once, ensuring the sentiment was toward the bottom of the punch. I stuck the punch out onto the back of a post it note to give me something to guide it into the punch with and lined it up and re-punched.  The picture shows how this lines up, and the little tabs on the sides are just perfect for pearls, bling or brads.  I just love finding extra uses for the tools I have, it makes them really versatile and great value.  

Happy Stamping

4 comments:

  1. Monique, thanks for the lovely comment on my blog, I'm grateful that some higher power led me to you to be able to ignite that love of crafting.

    Your card is fabulous!
    Love to ya,
    Kasey

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one lovely card Monique! I love it!! Thanks for sharing your wonderful tip for the decorative label punch! Have a wonderful week.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Monique! LOVE! The clouds are amazing and I love how you used the punch. Thumbs up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those clouds totally Rocks!! I love it, I need to figure this trick out what a great use for the punch and to get another label out of it.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.