Thursday, November 3, 2011

Treat Yourself ...


Paper Lovin' Girls  #4
This is my first creation as part of the Design Team for Paper Lovin' Gals, and what a great picture we have this week to inspire your creativity.  You can use the colours, lay out, or just pick one feature of the photo and use it to inspire your creation.  I just love all those balls hanging down and knew immediately they would be my inspiration and the focal point of  the card.

I made these balls from some of the DSP paper stacks, there was of course a limit to the number I could fit on the card, so I stopped at three!!!  The scene in the picture made me want a room just like this so that I could just spend the whole day in bed reading, dozing and nibbling on chocolate.  With this in mind I knew exactly which sentiment I wanted to put with this card "treat yourself like your own best company".  The bed cover reminded me of the new SU fabric from the Beau Chateau collection and I just had to re-create that centre cushion by using a button and pearl.

I hope you join us in this week's challenge, pop over to Paper Lovin' Gals blog and see what the other talented DT members have made to inspire you this week. 

Happy Stamping

6 comments:

  1. Hi Monique and Welcome to your very first PLG challenge as a DT member!

    This is gorgeous, I love how we all take such different things from the photos.
    cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique, this is one fabulous card!!!! I love hearing what inspired you from the photo, and the results on your card are magnificent!!!! Enjoy your day.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Monique!! I too LOVED the Hanging balls from the photo. Your "Three" on your card are marvelous!! Love that you mimicked things down to the button for the pillow. I absolutley love this card and congrats on your first DT challenge with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This just amazing! Love those balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those Balloons you made to hang down are so pretty! Great take on the photo. I love the colors you used. Welcome aboard the Paper Lovin' Gals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful take on the photo, Monique! I was going to make those balls too but decided to go in a different direction. I really like how you took the picture literally, down to the patterns and the button on the pillow. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.