Saturday, January 14, 2012

Beautiful Butterflies

This weekend I have the house to myself, which is something that almost never happens.  I started the day by doing a bit of housework, mostly to justify spending the rest of my day creating!  Unfortunately you will have to wait a little while to see most of my creations as I was working on projects for the ESAD Blog Hop to celebrate the start of Sale-A-Bration, so pop back on 24th to check them out.

I did get make a couple of other things that I can show you, the first of which was a card inspired by three challenge blogs - the colours are from the challenge at Colour Q, the sketch is from Freshly Made Sketches, and I am also joining in Stampin' Royalty's challenge to add fabric to a project.

I was a bit worried the Flirtatious fabric wouldn't go with the image, but after cutting some strips 1.5cm wide I frayed the edges and then added some pearls and I think it actually goes quite well.  The image of course is from Elements of Style which I stamped on water colour paper and coloured using my Aqua Painters.  I finished off with some butterflies and more pearls.  I have left a sentiment off this card it would be a good card for a number of occasions - Birthday, Thank You, Mother's Day, even a Sympathy card.

Happy Stamping

8 comments:

  1. Very nice Monique! Your focal panel is just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colors against the gray background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Monique, just so pretty, I like the idea of leaving the sentiment off the card until you know what you want to say! Great idea, thanks.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun card, Monique! love the fabric. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! The strips of fabric are a brilliant idea. Thanks for playing at the ColourQ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! Love the fabric use here. Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card, and love that ribbon! Beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, love the fabric with the frayed edges.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.