Sunday, August 5, 2012

CAS Blue Bird

I can't believe I sat down this afternoon with no mojo, and have since made two cards!  This one was a challenge for me as I struggle a bit with Clean And Simple card layouts, I have made it to enter into three challenges: Stamping 411 for the sketch, CASology with a bird theme, and Less Is More colour scheme of blue and green. 

Now that I have started brayering neutral DSP I am a bit hooked on it, it is a great way to get a good match when you don't have just the right paper around, here I have used Marina Mist.  I stamped the cute little bird from Language of Friendship in StazOn ink onto Watercolour paper and then coloured using a mix of Bashful Blue and Marina Mist.  I have to say as much as I struggle with the concept of clean and simple cards they are fairly quick to make once the planning is done.

Happy Stamping

6 comments:

  1. Love the green sponging on the edges - it adds interest and depth without adding layers. I think this is a great CAS card! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week, Monique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card doesn't show that you struggle with CAS... it looks pretty special!
    Thanks so much for joining us!
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card!! I forget how beautiful a clean and simple card can be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Bird is so cute! And the card looks Stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! Love the image and the banner. Very nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks terrific
    I love that shape of the panel, it's one I have been using lately
    Thanks very much
    mandi
    "LEss is More"

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.