Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Forever Young


Today is Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day, a bit of a tough one this year as just last month my little nephew Charlie was born sleeping.  As a paper crafter it didn't feel right not to make his parents a special card.  I figured if he had been born normally, or had sadly passed away sometime in the future I would have sent a card, so why would I not acknowledge his little life just because it was so very short?.

As you can imagine, it was the hardest card I have had to make, and I struggled for quite a while because I wanted something that was 'just right'.  I didn't have the right stamps or sentiment, but with MDS was able to take a sentiment I had seen on-line and a digital Stampin' Up! stamp and combine them before cutting out with framelits and adding to the card front.

It is such a fitting sentiment, little Charlie's feet have definitely left footprints on all our hearts. My own heart goes out to everyone who has lost a child in pregnancy or during infancy, particularly today.

Monique

1 comment:

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.