Sunday, June 7, 2015

Ombre Wings

I haven't joined in with Friday Mashup for quite a while, and when I saw this one I had a flash of inspiration, maybe it was my daughter talking about doing her ombre lipstick, or playing with my new stamps, but the two came together for this creation.

I used You've Got This background stamp colouring it with Wisteria Wonder, Perfect Plum, Rich Razzleberry and Blackberry Bliss Stampin Write Markers.  I used sponge daubers to smudge the areas where the colour joined.  I am not sure if you can see it but I added some loops of the gorgeous Metallic Gold Thread behind the butterfly to add just a flash of sparkle.

I added some gold sequins for my cluster embelishments.  I also added a little butterfly on the inside of the card from the beautiful Watercolor Wings stamp set, incorporating the various colours from the front of the card.  I sponged the Butterfly on the front to also give it an ombre look.

Happy Stamping
Monique

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the ombre background and butterfly! The cluster of gold sequins is the perfect added touch! Thanks for playing along at Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful background, perfect for showing off that butterfly!

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.