Sunday, July 3, 2016

CTC #85 - Babies & Kids

Welcome to another week of CASEing the Catty, this week we are taking inspiration from the Babies & Kids section of the catalogue.  This is such a cure section, but don't be misled that the only inspiration is for kids cards.
I chose this cute little baby card as my inspiration, you can find it on page 59.

I didn't use it to make a baby card however.  I thought the white embossed images would work perfectly for a card for my husband who has two faviourite animals, one is the cheetah and the other is, you guessed it, hedgehogs!  As soon as I saw the hostess set Love You Lots, with these two cute little hedgehogs I knew it would be in my first order.  The lady beetles in the background are also from the same stamp set, however the sentiment is stamped and punched using the Thoughtful Banners Bundle.

I discovered that the spacing is just perfect on the "I love you" stamp for me to colour just the "I" and "you" and stamp them leaving a little gap.

The gap is perfect for the cursive "love" to sit perfectly in between them and makes it extra easy to add a pop of colour. 

Would you like to join in the fun? Just get inspired by one of the projects in the Babies & Kids section of the catalogue and add your project link to the main blog above.

Time to hop on over to Bronwyn's blog to see what inspired her creation.

Happy Stamping
Monique

12 comments:

  1. I didn't register this card at all - and you've given it a whole new life!! What a wonderful CASE. Thank you for sharing and inspiring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute Monique, I thought about CASEing this card too. Love what you've done with this hostess stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, how adorable is your card Monique! The white embossing gives it a lovely soft background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this Monique. Clever spin on the original design! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet card, Monique. Love the lady bugs in the background and the greeting really pops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These two cards are totally awesome, so love the colours and design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cute card Monique! The red cursive 'Love' really pops on the banner, what a great idea to swap the fonts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh Monique that's just gorgeous. Great CASE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Monique, these little bugs and hedgehogs are just so darn cute, really love your take on this.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow! Monique, this is seriously gorgeous. What colour did you use to colour the images? LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bronwyn, I can't remember exactly but I think the lady bugs were in blushing bride. The hedgehogs were a bit more complicated as I built the colour up until I was happy. I think I started with Sahara Sand on their tummy, then a mix of crumb cake and soft suede on their spikes.

      Delete
  11. I love how you have turned it from a baby card into an amazing card for your husband. Great idea to combine stamp sets to create the sentiment. Looks fab!!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.