Sunday, October 30, 2016

CTC #102 - Halloween Night

Welcome to another CASEing the Catty blog hop, this week we are taking our inspiration from the Halloween Night section of the Holiday catalogue, pages 50 - 55.

I took my inspiration this week from the scarecrow card in the above image from page 53 of the catalogue.  I don't know why but I have really been drawn to the asymetrical cards recently, and this is no exception.

I have turned the card on its side and made a landscape version using Foxy Friends instead of the Cookie Cutter Halloween stamps.  The use of the Moroccan Nights DSP gives the card a more masculine finish than the original. This is another great sketch that could be used for any occassion.

You can see a little bit of the inside panel of the card, I simply added a strip of DSP and stamped a few of the cute little mushrooms in the corner.

I hope you have been inspired to join in with us this week, just add a copy of your picture to the link above.

Time to head on over to see what Elizabeth has been inspired to create this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

5 comments:

  1. Too cute, Monique. Clever to turn the card for a different variation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Monique, it seems the layout is so versatile it appealed to a few designers this week, and yet they all look so different. What a great examp,e of how CASEing can be so individual. I love your little fox and the colour scheme you have used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh he's a little cutie! What a great card - and it looks just as awesome on it's side too!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just when I thought surely there could be no more ways to use this sketch, you have turned it around to landscape, great designing! Love the Moroccan Nights DSP, really suits that little fox!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love everything about this card Monique - so bold & striking! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.