Wednesday, March 22, 2017

CI #06 - Succulent Birthday

 Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge
Challenge inspiration colours this week are:
  • Night of Navy
  • Mint Macaroon
  • Calypso Coral
  • Gold (the image says foil, but gold of any type)

 I have had my Oh So Succulent bundle close to hand recently as I prepare for a class next weekend, so it was an easy choice for this week's challenge.  I loved the succulent pot that Lou made for CI #02, but wanted mine to be a bit more glamorous so used gold metallic sheet to cut the lid of the Window Box framelit, then used the large floral framelit to give the pretty pattern before cutting it in half.  The night of navy behind the foil really makes it stand out I think.  I carried through the gold theme in the succulents, using Gold Embossing Powder to do the lined stamps.  I also decided the stark white background needed a bit of bling so splattered Gold Wink of Stella across the background. 

One of the things I love about these succulents is that you can really make them any colour you like because in nature they come is such a wide range of colours - although I am not sure I have seen any navy ones before! I do think they add to the balance of the 'pot'.

Time to hop on over and see what Kim has created this week.

Don't forget to stop in at the Colour INKspiration Facebook Page to see the entries for the week. We would love you to join in by adding your entry to the page.

Happy Stamping
Monique

Happy Stamping
Monique

10 comments:

  1. I ahve seen this set used in the softer colours but not in these gorgeous bold colours! WOW they look wonderful with this set and the way you have laid them out. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Monique it is just gorgeous the gold basket with the succulents I love this and the background is perfect too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love seeing succulents in other colour combinations!!! Love how you've put it all together! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this version Monique....certainly is glamorous! Love the bold succulents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great use of the colours Monique. Love your basket and flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Monique. The hints of gold through the flower embossing is very pretty! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The gold embossed outlines for your succulents is outstanding - what a fabulous idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The splatters of gold really do tie it together perfectly, Monique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aaaah! So gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.