Sunday, March 5, 2017

ESAD Blog Hop - Last Chance SAB

Welcome to another ESAD Blog Hop, this time around we are saying a fond farewell to some of our favourite Sale-A-Bration products. I have created two cards, one using Hey Chic stamp set from the original release, and for the second card the wonderful new glimmer paper from the second release of products.  With Sale-A-Bration finishing at the end of March if you fall in love with any of these products don't forget to contact your local demonstrator to see how you can earn them for FREE.

My first card is one that we made at a recent class where I show cased three different techniques with the wonderful new Watercolour Pencils.  Here I used Early Espresso and Basic Grey on the chicken randomly and then blended the colours together using a Blender Pen. I think this gives a really natural look to the chicken.  I love the sentiments from this set, and this one makes the card suitable for any occasion.

My second card uses the stunning dragonfly framelits to cut the Bermuda Bay glimmer paper, let me just say that I love this paper set, and am so happy I picked it up recently. I used the cute little dots once "full strength" and once stamped off.  I repeated the stamped off dots on the oval panel and finished off with a band of Bermuda Bay baker's twine.

One of the other techniques I showed at my class was scribbling on water colour paper and then blending the colours with an aqua painter.  Here I have cut the solid dragonfly out of the water colour paper to layer under the glimmer paper.


Time to hop on over to see what the talented Libby has created.  

Happy Stamping
Monique

16 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous cards Moni, but the colouring on your chicken is fabulous!!! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards, as always Mon. Thanks for the inspiration and for hopping along

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving that glimmer paper ! Looks great with the dragonfly , thanks for the inspiration Monique !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cards. Those chicks are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great cards! I love the colouring of your chick and teamed with the Succulent DSP is magic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I lvoe the techniques you have used for your class, good techniques to know. I lvoe the glimmer dragonfly too, iyour card really shimmers and glimmers in the light.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Monique, I just love your chicken card with the DSP. Perfect combination. Arent those glimmer papers perfect for the dragonfly dreams. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for sharing, great cards

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the sparkle in your dragonfly and the pop of watercolour behind it is very creative

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love your cards Moni ... especially the dragonfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your cards and I'm with you that glimmer paper is divine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both so lovely Monique. Really love the watercolouring behind the dragonfly wings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my love the dragonfly!! I think it's because of the stunning colours you have used!! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Two lovely cards you have created and love the blending of colour behind the dragonfly.xx

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.