Sunday, July 30, 2017

CTC #139 - From Regal to Subtle

Welcome to another CASEing the Catty Sunday Blog Hop, a challenge hop that takes inspiration each week from a different section of one of the Stampin' Up! catalogues. The catalogues are jam packed with projects that are a great source of inspiration, whether it is a layout, colour scheme or technique.

This week the Crew are taking inspiration from the Everyday Occasions section of the Annual Catalogue, pages 18 - 67.

I took my inspiration from the very first page of this section of the catalogue, using the card in the image above from page 18 to base my project on this week. 

 I love the simplicity of this layout, but wanted to shake it up a bit and make a more feminine card, switching out the heavy regal colours for a more pastel look.  I used Bundle of Love Specialty DSP instead of the Eastern Palace papers. The sentiment is stamped with two stamps from the Label Me Pretty stamp set, the border embossed in gold and the sentiment stamped in Berry Burst. In keeping with the softer look I used the pretty flowers from the Colorful Seasons stamp set. 

I used a strip of matching DSP to decorate the inside and some of the mini sequins to make the bigger flowers on the front of the card pop.  

I hope we are inspiring you to join in the challenge this week, just take inspiration from the Everyday Occasions section of the catalogue, and post a picture of it to the CTC Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what Judy has been inspired to create this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card, and what a beautiful case! I was inspired by this card too! Love the bundle of love DSP on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the soft colours you've used in your take of that card. Very pretty and delicate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty feminine card Monique. I love how you've used the mini sequins as the centre of your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love your card Monique it is so sweet and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card Monique! I love your feminine take on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this layout in the soft tones and different stamps. Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your feminine version of this card Monique. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.