Wednesday, September 27, 2017

CI #18 - Dragonfly Dreams

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration Challenge where we are once again taking inspiration for our projects from a gorgeous image pulling some of the Stampin' Up! colours from it to use in our creations.

Isn't this image cute! I am a fairly visual person and often get feelings from images, this one to me represents lazy days in spring, with new blooms on plants and sunny weather that inspires a scenic ride on the Vesper! The colours from this image are:

  • Powder Pink
  • Basic Grey
  • Sahara Sand
  • Sweet Sugarplum


With that in mind I decided to replicate the blooms from the image and add some pretty dragonflies.  I have a little confession to make, I misread the colours when I made my card (I mixed up my plums) and used Perfect Plum instead of Sweet Sugarplum! I don't think it would change the feel of the card too much as I only used it sparingly on the wings and on the two background dragonflies. 

To emphasize the bricks, after stamping the images,  I ran the Sahara Sand cardstock through the Big Shot using the Brick Wall embossing folder, then sponged with Sahara Sand ink to add some highlights to the edges of the bricks, I then used my White Watercolour pencil to add some lightness to the mortar, being careful not to colour over any of the stamped images.

I hope you join in the challenge, just use the  colour palette in your project and upload a picture of it to the CI Facebook Page.
  

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Elizabeth has created this week.

Happy Stamping
Monique

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Monique! I love that you've showcased the neutrals from this colour palette and highlighted with the pinks - just perfect! Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lovely project Monique and I certainly get that lazy summer day feeling looking at your card. Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the texture on this card Monique, and I don't think the mistaken plum is a problem. I'd have never known.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your use of the colours Monique...very different! The shadow effect of the dragonflies looks great against the brick pattern. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way you have used this colour scheme Monique. Love that hints of pink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is absolutely gorgeous even with Perfect Plum ;) I love the idea of using the White Watercolor pencil for the mortar between the bricks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just lovely, Monique. You have done a fabulous job of replicating the inspiration pic. Gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the white for the mortar is a brilliant idea! I love that effect on the bricks. Such a sweet card. The dragonflies are gorgeous in these colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A simply beautiful creation, Monique. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card, Monique. Im loving your brick wall back ground - white pencil for the mortar is simply genius! I adore the neutral tones with this colour combo -simply devine!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.