Wednesday, May 23, 2018

CI #34 - Pretty Pastels

Welcome to another Colour INKspiration challenge, a twice a month challenge where we pull Stampin' Up! colours from an inspiration picture and use these to create our projects. 

The colours this week are:
  • Calypso Coral
  • Pool Party
  • Daffodil Delight
  • Basic Grey 

I have been loving the Rooted in Nature stamps lately, because it was out, I decided to use it on my card for this challenge. I absolutely love how these leaves look when stamped on vellum and then embossed in clear embossing powder.  The ink stays damp enough for the powder to stick and it gives a pretty glisten to the leaves.

For the base of the card I used one of the embossing framelits that come in the set and then sponged over using Pool Party to pick up the embossing, then dabbing Basic Grey onto the card between the leaves to leave a sort of speckle.  The flowers are stamped using Oh So Eclectic, once I had stamped the line image in Calypso Coral I used my blender pen to "colour in" the centres of the flowers. I didn't add any additional ink, and find that by doing it this way I get a lovely soft finish.  A couple of White Perfect Accents, coloured with a Pool Party Stampin' Blends pen set off the sentiment perfectly.

I hope you are inspired to join in the challenge, just use the colours in your creation and upload a picture of it to the CI Facebook Page.

Time to hop on over and see what the lovely Denita has created with the colour combo.

Happy Stamping
Monique

6 comments:

  1. I love the leaves embossed on the vellum too - it looks stunning and the soft colouring on the flower centres is just so sweet. What a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous Monique - the sentiment is a great centrepiece for your floral theme. Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How about your fabulous background? A beautiful creation, Monique. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your creation Mon ... super use of this cute colour combo! T

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snap Monique. Love your design. The embossed background in just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a real gem of a card, Monique.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments, thanks for taking the time to write them.